Nearby Featured Heart of Austin Homes Neighborhoods
♦ Aviara ♦ Covered Bridge ♦ Lost Creek ♦ Ridge at Lantana ♦ Ridgeview ♦ Travis Country ♦ Travis Country West ♦ Westcreek ♦ Western Oaks ♦ Woodhaven ♦ More Southwest Austin Neighborhoods w/interactive map ♦
Western Oaks Subdivision ♦ Southwest Austin Location
Homes for Sale ♦ Western Oaks Subdivision Austin
The current MLS listings of Homes for Sale in Western Oaks follow below. If you have a question or want a NO Sales Pressure Appointment to view a home Western Oaks, call Jim at 512.913.1557.
Western Oaks Subdivision ♦ Real Estate Market Report ♦ 2011-2016
The table below gives a snapshot of real estate market activity in the Western Oaks neighborhood over the past 6 years.
WESTERN OAKS Austin ♦ Real Estate Market Data ♦ 2011-2016
# of Homes Sold
Median Sales Price
Avg. Sales Price
Sales Price Range
Avg. Days on Mkt.
Age of Homes Sold
Sq. Ft. of Homes Sold
Western Oaks real estate market data from the Austin Board of Realtors MLS, 1/1/2011 - 12/31/2016.
Western Oaks Neighborhood ♦ Features
- Developed in its early years by builder J.W. Smith, the Western Oaks subdivision is a small (especially in comparison to Legend Oaks, Circle C Ranch and the Villages at Western Oaks), beautiful, treed community of single- and two-story homes.
- Development: The subdivision was developed in a number of sections over the years. Most of the neighborhood was built in the years 1976-1979. Other homes were built in the 1980s on the western side of Western Oaks with the opening of a new section on Wheeler Branch Trail and Dry Wells Road. The remaining development of Western Oaks occurred from 1992-2002, primarily on the south and north sides of the subdivision (Robert Dixon, Convict Hill, e.g.). The 12 homes on Western Oaks Blvd. were built on estate-sized lots.
- A good number of Western Oaks homes back up to preserved green areas.
- Western Oaks has its own neighborhood amenity center on Wood Creek Dr. with swimming pool, tennis courts, and play area for children. Two additional tennis courts are located on Wheeler Branch Trail. Membership in the Western Oaks Property Owners Association is required. Taxes were based in a rate of $2.23/$100 of property value in the 2016 tax year.
- This Southwest Austin subdivision is in a great location with easy access to Downtown Austin and other points in all directions. Just take William Cannon east to Mopac or west to U.S. 290/71 and the “Y” at Oak Hill.
- Western Oaks subdivision is close to the new Shops at Arbor Trails shopping center at William Cannon and Mopac, and to plenty of other shopping and eating venues. There are three fitness centers, two on William Cannon, very close to Western Oaks.
Western Oaks Subdivision ♦ Public Schools for Students
Students living in Western Oaks in SW Austin attend schools operated by the Austin Independent School District. School attendance boundaries sometimes change. Prospective home buyers in the Western Oaks subdivision should verify the currently assigned schools with Austin ISD.