Homes for Sale ♦ Villages at Western Oaks ♦ Southwest Austin
The home search below displays the current MLS listings of homes for sale in the Villages at Western Oaks subdivision. If you find a home in the Villages at Western Oaks, or would like a NO Pressure Appointment to tour the neighborhood and its homes, call Jim at 512.913.1557.
Nearby Featured Heart of Austin Homes Neighborhoods
♦ Alta Mira (Circle C) ♦ Avana (Circle C) ♦ Barstow Court (Circle C) ♦ Circle C North ♦ Circle C Ranch (entire Circle C development) ♦ Circle C West/Hielscher ♦ Fairway Estates, Enclave Estates, Enclave (Circle C) ♦ Greyrock Ridge (Circle C) ♦ Legend Oaks ♦ Lewis Mountain Ranch, Estates & Overlook ♦ Loma Vista ♦ Meridian ♦ Muirfield (Circle C) ♦ Park Place (Circle C) ♦ Park West (Circle C) ♦ Villages at Western Oaks ♦ Vintage Place (Circle C) ♦ More Southwest Austin Neighborhoods w/interactive map ♦
Villages at Western Oaks Austin ♦ Location Southwest Austin
Villages at Western Oaks Austin ♦ Real Estate Market Report ♦ 2011-2018
The table below is posted to give you an overview of real estate activity in the Villages at Western Oaks over the past 8 years.
VILLAGES AT WESTERN OAKS ♦ Real Estate Market Data ♦ 2011-2018
# of Homes Sold
Median Sales Price
Avg. Sales Price
Sales Price Range
Avg. Days on Mkt.
Age of Homes Sold
Sq. Ft. of Homes Sold
Villages at Western Oaks Real Estate Market Data from the Austin Board of Realtors, 1/1/2011-12/31/2018.
Villages at Western Oaks ♦ Neighborhood Features
- The Southwest Austin real estate called the Villages at Western Oaks (VWO) provides a wide range of home choices for today’s buyers, in home price, size and age. The development of this area began about 10 years before that of Circle C Ranch. The last homes built in the neighborhood were completed in 2005.
- This neighborhood is in a prime location, about 10 miles from downtown Austin with all its features and work places. VWO has easy access to Mopac (Loop 1), IH-35 (via W. Slaughter Lane, or Mopac/290), and US 290 and the Hill Country. VWO is located near the Shops at Arbor Trails shopping center at Mopac and William Cannon, and the new Escarpment Village at W. Slaughter and Escarpment Blvd. Other shopping centers, grocery stores and eating places can easily be found by traveling along W. Slaughter Lane to I-35.
- Residents of the Villages at WO have access to a number of nearby outdoor activities.
- Dick Nichols Park on Beckett Road on the east side of VWO has a large heated swimming pool, basketball courts, picnic areas, sand volleyball court, and other features for individuals and families. VWO does not have its own pool. However, an aerial view of the neighborhood shows that a number of home owners have added pools in their yards. If you want a home with its own pool, you probably can find one in this community.
- The Karst Preserve is an 18-acre area set aside for the enjoyment of outdoor enthusiasts. The preserve has 5 caves and a sink hole (formed when a cave collapsed), wild animals and other creatures. Per the New Villages of Western Oaks HOA website, “the entire Village of Western Oaks area is in the Recharge Zone of the Edwards Aquifer. Homeowners should be careful in their use of chemicals for fertilizer and weed control, as many of these substances are toxic to animals that live in the caves and in the Edwards Aquifer.”
- Located just south of this neighborhood (on La Crosse) is the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, a favorite destination of many. The Veloway, a 3.1 mile asphalt track for bicycling and rollerblading, is on the same street. No vehicular traffic or walking is allowed on the Veloway.
- Residents can also enjoy Metropolitan Park, located in Circle C Ranch just past Escarpment on W. Slaughter Lane. It has numerous soccer fields that serve area children in the South Austin Youth Soccer Association. The park also has an oak-shaded children’s playscape and picnic area, a basketball court, a Frisbee golf course, and hike and bike trails.
- For those interested in golf, the Grey Rock Golf Club (formerly Circle C GC, now owned by the City of Austin) is one of the nicest clubs in the Austin area. Its 18 holes will challenge the skills and sometimes the temperament of those who play there. GRGC is located south of Circle C on SH 45.
- Some of the earlier sections built between Beckett Rd. and Escarpment Blvd. along Abilene Trail do not have a mandatory home owner association. Properties in other sections built to the south toward Circle C Ranch have a mandatory membership in the New Villages of Western Oaks HOA.
Villages at Western Oaks Austin ♦ Public Schools for Students
Students living in the Villages at Western Oaks attend one of the schools of the Austin Independent School District. Specific school assignments depend upon the property address in the neighborhood.
If you are considering a home purchase in the Villages at Western Oaks community, verify current school assignments with AISD to find out which school your children will attend. School boundaries sometimes change.