Nearby Heart of Austin Homes featured neighborhoods include ...
Avery Ranch ♦ The Hills of Lakeway ♦ Lost Creek ♦ Northwoods at Avery Ranch ♦ Pearson Place at Avery Ranch ♦ Ranch at Brushy Creek ♦ Reserve at Brushy Creek ♦ River Place ♦ Rocky Creek ♦ Sendero Springs ♦ Steiner Ranch ♦ Sweetwater ♦ Travis Country West ♦ Walsh Trails ♦ Walsh Ranch
Steiner Ranch Austin ♦ Location ♦ Directions to Steiner Ranch
- Zip Code: Austin, TX 78732
- Austin MLS Area: RN (River North)
- Neighborhood Location: The Steiner Ranch subdivision is located just east of the intersection of RR-620 and RM-2222. Steiner Ranch has two entrances from RR-620: Quinlan Park Road and Steiner Ranch Blvd. Quinlan Park Road meanders through the beautiful, rolling hills of Steiner Park all the way down to Lake Austin. Lake Austin wraps around the western half of Steiner Ranch. Lake Travis and Mansfield Dam are just a few minutes away.
- More Neighborhood Info: Scroll down the page to learn more about Steiner Ranch.
Homes for Sale ♦ Steiner Ranch ♦ Austin Hill Country
The home search that follows will allow you to browse current MLS listings in the Steiner Ranch Austin neighborhood. If you find a home that interests you, or want a NO Pressure Tour of Steiner Ranch and its homes, call Jim at 512.913.1557.
Steiner Ranch Austin ♦ Real Estate Market Report ♦ 2011-2016
The table below provides a snapshot view of the real estate market activity in Steiner Ranch over the past 6 years. Home prices vary widely in Steiner Ranch.
STEINER RANCH AUSTIN ♦ Real Estate Market Data ♦ 2011-2016
# of Homes Sold
Median Sales Price
Avg. Sales Price
Sales Price Range
Avg. Days on Mkt.
Age of Homes Sold
Sq. Ft. of Homes Sold
Steiner Ranch real estate market data from Austin Board of Realtors, 1/1/2011 - 12/31/2016.
Steiner Ranch Austin ♦ Neighborhood Features
Steiner Ranch is a very nice, largely upscale neighborhood in the Hill Country west of Austin. The original development of this beautiful 4,600 acres of Hill Country real estate began in 1988. Building of new homes in The Grove at Steiner Ranch by Taylor Morrison Homes is in progress in February 2016. New construction activity in other sections in Steiner Ranch has been completed.
Steiner Ranch is referred to by developer Taylor Woodrow (now Taylor Morrison) as “The Land between the Lakes,” i.e., Lake Travis and Lake Austin. It is a great master-planned community which has become home to many families.
The University of Texas Golf Club
One of the primary amenities of the Steiner Ranch neighborhood is the University of Texas Golf Club, nestled near the center of the subdivision at 2200 University Club Drive. Members of this private club enjoy a 16,000 sq. ft. clubhouse in addition to the 7,412-yard, par 71 championship golf course (the official home of The University of Texas Golf Team). The club features challenging holes in the Hill Country, and lovely Lake Austin, Hill Country and community views. You can even live in this gated section of Steiner Ranch, one of seven gated areas in Steiner Ranch!
Steiner Ranch Neighborhood Amenities
- Three community parks with pools, children’s play areas, tennis and basketball courts and more.
- 18 miles of nature trails that enable Steiner Park residents to discover the canyons and rolling landscape of the community.
- 800+ acres of preserved green areas that make the neighborhood beautiful.
- A private club situated on the shores of Lake Austin. This area includes 11 boat docks in addition to other play and picnic features for family enjoyment.
- Access to all things Hill Country and Austin via RR-620, RR-2222 (just 14 miles to Downtown Austin), and US-183. The neighborhood is also close to plenty of shopping, including Lakeline Mall at RR-620 and US-183, and the Hill Country Galleria in the Village of Bee Cave. Steiner Ranch is also just a short drive from the boating and fishing opportunities on Lake Travis, and a number of other golf courses in the area.
- Convenient to major employers like 3M, Freescale, National Instruments, Dell, IBM, the Leander Independent School District and Lakeline Mall.
- Access to Lake Austin through Mary Quinlan Park. Located at the western end of Quinlan Park Road, this 5.8 acre park has 200 feet of public access to Lake Austin, including the only public boat ramp for several miles. Park facilities include a picnic area with BBQ grills, public restrooms and basketball courts. Visitors to this no-fee Travis County park may enjoy activities like bird watching, boating, fishing, nature study, and observing local wildlife. Residents can also access another 5-acre Travis County park (Selma Hughes Park) with 400 feet of Lake Austin frontage via Quinlan Park Road.
Home Choices ♦ Steiner Ranch
- Buyers in Steiner Ranch can choose from a wide range of home sizes and home prices, making it accessible to a wide range of families. Homes in Steiner Ranch begin at around 1,600 sq. ft. and stretch to over 7,500 sq. ft. Depending on your budget and what you are looking for in a home, you can find homes with Hill Country, golf course, and Lake Austin views. You can even find Lake Austin waterfront homesites and homes. The prices of homes sold in Steiner Ranch in 2015 stretched from around $449k to $3.5 million.
- New home construction activity in Steiner Ranch is pretty well completed, except for the new section called The Groves by Taylor Morrison Homes. Homes on the resale market have been built by builders such as Taylor Morrison (the developer), Drees Custom, Meritage, Monterey, Highland, Partners in Building, and Sterling Custom Homes.
Steiner Ranch ♦ HOA and Taxes
- Membership in the Steiner Ranch Homeowners Association (HOA) is mandatory. The HOA fees cover common expenses of the association, including administration and the maintenance and operation of Steiner Ranch. There are additional assessments for the gated sections of Steiner Ranch. The HOA employs a full-time activity director who plans children’s and adult events for Steiner Ranch families.
- 2015 tax rates in Steiner Ranch totaled around $2.68 per $100 of property value. Taxing authorities include Travis County, Leander ISD, WCID #17, the Travis County hospital and emergency service districts and the Austin Community College District. It is wise to confirm the taxes to be paid before purchasing a home.
Steiner Ranch Austin ♦ Public School for Neighborhood Students
The Steiner Ranch subdivision is located within the boundaries of the Leander Independent School District, making the neighborhood a top choice for homeowners.
Parents and prospective residents of Steiner Ranch should check with the Leander ISD (link above) to verify current school assignments. School boundaries are sometimes redrawn, and new schools are built.